Alloy 601 (UNS N06601/W.Nr. 2.4851) is a general-purpose engineering material for applications that require resistance to heat and corrosion. An outstanding characteristic of Alloy 601 is its resistance to hightemperature oxidation. The alloy also has good resistance to aqueous corrosion, has high mechanical strength, and is readily formed, machined and welded.
Werkstoff – Nr. 2.4851
ASTM B 163 (condenser and heat exchanger tube), B 166 (rod, bar, and wire), B 167 (seamless pipe and tube), B 168 (plate, sheet, and strip), B 366 (welding fittings, permissible raw materials), B 516 (welded tube), B 517 (welded pipe), B 564 (rod), B 751 (welded tube, general requirements), B 775 (welded pipe, general requirements), B 829 (seamless pipe and tube, general requirements)
|Alloy 601||Max 0.10||Max 1.0||Max 0.015||Max 0.50||58.0-63.0||21.0-25.0||1.0-1.7||Balance|
|Sheet, Plate, Strip||Annealed||205||550||30|
● High temperatures have excellent oxidation stability
● Very good Anti-carbonation
● Very good oxidation stability of sulfur atmosphere
● Very good mechanical properties at room temperature and high temperature
● Very good resistance to stress corrosion cracking due to control the carbon content and grain size, Inconel 601
● Has a high creep rupture strength, so in areas above 500oC Inconel 601 recommended
● thermal-processing equipment
● baskets, trays, and fixtures for annealing, carburizing, carbonitriding, nitriding and other heat-treating operations,
● radiant tubes, muffles, retorts, flame shields, strand-annealing tubes, woven-wire conveyor belts, chain curtains, burner nozzles, and electrical esistance heating elements
● thermocouple protection tubes, furnace-atmosphere generators, and infrared radiant screens
● process heaters, condenser tubes in sour-water strippers, and insulating cans in ammonia reformers
● combustor components and catalyst grid supports in equipment for nitric acid production.
● catalyst regenerators and air preheaters in the manufacture of high-density polyethylene.
● thermal reactors in exhaust systems of gasoline engines and for combustion chambers in solidwaste incinerators
● superheater tube supports, grid barriers, and ashhandling systems
● jet-engine igniters and for combustion-can liners, diffuser assembles, and containment rings in gas turbines for aircraft, industrial, and vehicular applications